EDM Machinist-Abet Industries Jobs - La Grange, Illinois (IL)
|Share This Job With a Friend
EDM Machinist-Abet Industries - Job Description
Ideal candidate will have experience in setup and operation of sinker and or wire EDM machinery. We will to train a candidate with a background in machining and strong inspection skills.
Set-up, operate and adjust programs on EDM machines to create precision metal parts and components utilizing appropriate shop equipment in a timely and efficient manner with minimal supervision. May work on manual machines from time to time as required.
- Check prints and/or drawings.
- Meet with engineering to review machining requirements and 3D machined components.
- Program, edit and rewrite CNC Controls; perform off-line programming as required.
- Manufacture or select appropriate work holdings and fixtures.
- Perform mechanical tasks including loading and unloading vices, fixtures and parts.
- Establish and set appropriate tool offsets.
- Measure in-process parts to conform to blue print, customer requirements and tolerances.
- Trim or de-burr parts to customer specification.
- Identify, use and interpret appropriate calibrated metrology device for piece-part inspection.
- Count, mark and pack parts.
- Continuously review work orders with supervisor to organize and optimize daily work.
- Communicate all program changes and other work related issues to supervisor.
- Follow and update all paperwork, work orders, time records, etc. associated with position.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures including safety.
- Perform other job related functions as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Requires between four and five years of trade school, vocational education, related work experience or apprenticeship in manufacturing environment.
- Understanding of die components and clearance and offset requirements.
- Ability to use a variety of Lathes, drill presses, and equipment including tumblers, air hose, hoists, wrenches, tool-holders, vices.
- Ability to multitask running several machines while creating new programs.
- Ability to read and understand Blue Prints, Piece Prints and GDT.
- Advanced Math skills including calculation of feeds, speeds and distances, print conversion and geometry.
- Understand and use a variety of measuring equipment (calipers, micrometers, thread gauges, etc.)
- Write, edit and use CNC computer programs and control panels.
- Distinguish a variety of raw materials (stainless steel, cold rolled steel)
- Understand machining properties of various raw materials (303SSTv. 304SST)
- Strong communication skills including the ability to receive and give oral and written instruction.
- The ability to interface with customers, management, suppliers, and other employees.
- Certified fork lift operator and OSHA training, etc.
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, changing priorities, expedites and deadlines
- Highly detail oriented
- Creative thinker that can conceptualize alternate costing models to achieve customer goals
- Ability to work odd hours as needed