CNC Lathe Set-up Technician Jobs - Lake Zurich, Illinois (IL)
|Job Listing Quick Facts
Company Name: AFCO Products
Location: Lake Zurich, IL
Employment Type: Full Time
View All Jobs at AFCO Products
|Share This Job With a Friend
CNC Lathe Set-up Technician - Job Description
To perform a wide range of duties as directed by Plant Manager associated with the set up and operation of CNC controlled machinery at a family-owned contract machine shop. We are an ISO rated company looking for someone who wants to work smart and safe in a focused, quality-driven production environment.
Perform a variety of tasks associated with the manufacturing and set up of parts using CNC controlled machinery. Process routing operations following job routers, calculated machine rates and standard processes. Work from new and existing programs, equipment manuals, prints, work orders and instructions. Present parts for inspection approval and inspect production parts with measuring tools to insure integrity and quality of parts. Perform general maintenance, keep work area safe and clean. Communicate and assist others on the floor when questions arise.
- Write, modify, edit and troubleshoot programs as required.
- Work with engineering personnel and operators to coordinate machining of work pieces.
- Set up equipment using common hand tools, set controls and input program instructions to get maximum capacity out of equipment.
- Insert and indicate in tooling, modify programs as necessary and operate equipment.
- Run test samples and check with required tooling as necessary, monitor equipment operation and make operating adjustments as required.
- Gauge finished work piece to ensure part is within tolerances.
- Repair and maintain equipment, including troubleshooting systems and perform basic repairs.
- Clean and put away precision measuring and electronic testing equipment.
- Clean and lubricate equipment as necessary, use correct type and amount of lubrication and apply lubricants neatly.
- Fill out parts requisitions, tool requests, and other required paperwork.
- Follow all written quality, safety and other standards and procedures.
- Demonstrate leadership to others throughout the facility.
- Perform other related tasks as requested by Plant Manager or Owners.
- 3-5 years of experience Programming and Setting up / running CNC machines
- Knowledge of Okuma and Fanuc CNC controls
- Knowledge of basic machine skills (such as lathes, grinders, mills, etc.)
- CAD/CAM knowledge is helpful but not required
- Able to read micrometer, gauges and comparator. Ability to read blueprints.
- Proven mechanical ability
- Good math and computer skills
- Good verbal & written communication skills
- Good organization skills; able to prioritize and plan multiple tasks simultaneously
- Self motivated; proactive in improving processes and anticipating needs/problems
- Team player; able to work well with a wide variety of people
- Quality and safety focused
- Able to read and write fluently in English
- Must be willing to work overtime when needed
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts
- Wear designated PPE such as Safety Glasses and Hearing Protection
- Shop is climate controlled and A/C is run during hot summer months.
Job Type: Full-time
- Competitive pay rates & bonuses
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account option
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance