First Article Quality Inspector Jobs - Lake Zurich, Illinois (IL)
|Job Listing Quick Facts
Company Name: AFCO Products
Location: Lake Zurich, IL
Employment Type: Full Time
View All Jobs at AFCO Products
|Share This Job With a Friend
First Article Quality Inspector - Job Description
Under general supervision, the First Article Inspector assures the quality of processes and products by performing audits, inspections, tests, defect analysis, first article sample submission, setting & troubleshooting visual inspection equipment, and reporting on results of measurement standards.
- Conduct periodic product audits/inspections on running parts and conduct final shipment audits.
- Perform system and process audits (supplier certification, internal system, subcontractor, comprehensive process, set-up verifications, etc.).
- Investigate and process quality problems to aid in their thorough resolution.
- Interpret internal and customer specifications to separate acceptable from rejectable products, and provide guidance for manufacturing personal on the interpretation of product quality standards.
- Maintain filing system of inspection records for manufactured products.
- Update changes to customer specification criteria as required.
- Perform Receiving Inspection on vendor product to verify conformance to LT standards. Communicate with vendors concerning quality issues if required.
- Ensure all necessary inspection records accompany shipments.
- Adheres to quality and safety systems or maintenance of quality and safety standards.
- Perform other related duties and assignments as required.
- Experience with QA/QC in manufacturing
- Knowledge of ISO and other related quality system standards
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints with close attention to detail
- Ability to maintain and use precision measuring instruments
- Ability to operate inspection/lab equipment
- Computer skills including spreadsheet, word processing, and database management software
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills
Multiple shift opportunities - 1st, 2nd and 3rd
Salary is dependent on prior work experience.
Shop is clean, well-lit and air conditioned with mostly new machinery.
Benefit package includes health, dental, vacation and 401k retirement options.
All resumes will be kept confidential.