Tool Room Machinist Jobs - Lake Zurich, Illinois (IL)
|Job Listing Quick Facts
Company Name: AFCO Products
Location: Lake Zurich, IL
Employment Type: Full Time
View All Jobs at AFCO Products
|Share This Job With a Friend
Tool Room Machinist - Job Description
Established ISO-certified manufacturing company in Lake Zurich is looking for a Tool Room Machinist who can performs duties to construct, alter and/or repair a variety of tools, jigs and other fixtures, and perform ordinary tool room machine operations. This individual will also assist in the preventative maintenance and troubleshooting of our CNC equipment as the need arises.
- Construct, alter, repair a variety of tools, jigs, and other fixtures to close tolerances as required to fit and assemble parts.
- Participate as assigned in all phases of projects from start to finish, including milling, grinding, polishing, and assembly.
- Perform numerous grinding, milling and turning operations on projects as assigned; verify accuracy and functionality of work at all stages to ensure total customer satisfaction.
- Participate in multiple projects; balance priorities in schedule to ensure timely delivery of error-free product to customer maintaining customer-focused priorities at all times.
- Monitor equipment, report malfunctions, and make necessary repairs.
- Perform troubleshooting and analysis to fix additional equipment problems as they occur.
- Make recommendations to improve preventative maintenance procedures.
- Maintain tool room to ensure availability of tools, equipment and supplies necessary to perform as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned by department supervisor.
- Experience running manual machine tools under limited supervision.
- Experience using precision measuring & gauging equipment.
- Experience working from complex prints, sketches, samples, or other instructions.
- Able to keep equipment and work area clean.
- Knowledge of advanced shop mathematics.
- Willingness to perform other work as necessary to meet production demands.
- Knowledge of machinery and equipment operation and maintenance.
- Follow all safety and work rules and practices.
- Meticulous attention to detail and well organized.
- Independent and willing to take initiative.
- Able to work in a fast-paced constantly-changing environment with tight deadlines and occasional long hours
Salary is dependent on prior work experience.
Shop is clean, well lit and air conditioned.
Benefit package includes health, dental, vacation and retirement options.
All resumes will be kept confidential.