Chief Financial Officer - Job Description
We currently have an opening on our executive team for a Chief Financial Officer (CFO). This opportunity comes with the retirement of a tenured member of our senior leadership team.
The CFO will direct and oversee the financial activities of the corporation, direct the preparation of current financial reports and summaries, and create forecasts predicting future growth. Additionally, they will be responsible for planning and analyzing the company's financial strengths and weaknesses and proposing strategic directions.
This individual will work directly with other senior and executive level management, board of directors, financial institutions, corporate counsel, advisors, outside auditors, and insurance providers. The CFO will own responsibility for the financial function of the organization and support the continued profitable growth and diversification of the organization. The ideal candidate will reside near the Wauconda, Illinois location.
- Provide financial leadership in determining strategic business direction, financing, analysis and making recommendations to business units on strategic projects and long-term strategies vital to the future performance of the company.
- Deliver strategic financial input and leadership on initiatives across the organization, including evaluation of potential alliances, acquisitions and/or mergers and pension funds and investments. Demonstrate ability to generate tools and processes for better focused business development and operational execution.
- Guide behavior across the organization to execute strategies and financial objectives; at the same time creating a risk intelligent culture. Design, develop and execute financial forecasting and budgeting systems that effectively project the organization's financial performance.
- Protect and preserve critical assets and accurately report on financial position and operation to internal and external constituents. Provide the leadership team value-added, accurate, and timely financial and management information reporting to guide informed, strategic business decisions. Record, categorize, and reconcile company transactions in a manner consistent with GAAP. Serve as the primary liaison with commercial attorneys overseeing and administering the non-IP corporate legal function.
- Balance capabilities, talent, costs and service levels to fulfill organizational core responsibilities efficiently and effectively. Serve as a resource for the comprehension and utilization of the information. Establish credibility throughout the organization and with the Board as an effective developer of solutions to business challenges. Ensure end-users have the appropriate information (data) and tools (SRS, SharePoint, Cubes, BI) to effectively execute their responsibilities and provide information/training accordingly.
- Design and develop risk mitigating plans, worker compensation programs, commercial liability insurance, and policies and procedures to neutralize and minimize effect of threats and reduce inevitable risks and losses.
- Compare sales and profit projections to actual figures and budgeted expenses to actual expenses; make or oversee any necessary adjustments to future projections and budgets.
- Review planning process and suggest improvements to current methods.
- Analyze operations to identify areas of opportunity.
- Work with the President and other executives to coordinate planning and establish priorities for the planning process.
- Study long-range economic trends and project their impact on future growth in sales and market share.
- Identify opportunities for expansion into new product areas.
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) preferred
- 15 years experience in Finance
- Prior experience in Risk Management preferred
- Senior financial role in a global organization
- Prior involvement in M&A
- Experience working in B2B required: distribution, manufacturing and/or service business preferred
Our team is excited about our organization's continued investment in growth and commitment to hiring and retaining top talent. Check out the videos below from the Progressive Components team members offering their insights on what it is like working for our organization.
Don Starkey, Owner: https://youtu.be/jPpoUQiEfiI
Jennifer Evans, Accounting Manager: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f66Rcsg_Sko
Jassen Cho, Financial Analyst: https://youtu.be/O-D3A9BqbxQ
If you have the drive, skills and are ready to take this next step in your career, please visit our careers section of the Progressive Components International Corporation website.