Monitoring Technical Sales Manager - Job Description
Seeking a Specialized Sales Professional to Lead Initiatives on our Monitoring Product Line
Do you have consultative sales experience in the plastics, tooling, and molding industry?
Then why aren't you selling for an innovative industry leader?
We aren't kidding when we say our products' reputation precedes them, ask around. From production floor essentials that have been industry staples for years, to innovations challenging the norm within our trade, our products are known for their quality, forward thinking, and craftmanship. As an organization, even during times of significant growth, we have remained diligent about maintaining a customer-centric mindset - listening, customizing solutions, and showing value. We are active in our industry, investing in Progressive having a strong presence at tradeshows and events. And, we are committed to growth and innovation. Our industry is constantly evolving, and we plan to be on the leading edge of those initiatives. This position is a remote role with occasional travel to connect with customers.
Currently we are seeking a high performing sales professional to be an expert on our Monitoring Product Line, a consultative solution architect, and ultimate deal closer. Are you our next Monitoring Technical Sales Manager?
Unlike other monitoring products in our industry, we are truly focused on mold performance, mold health, preventative maintenance, and production. How does this make us stand apart from the competition? Most other systems focus on process or overall ERP systems, which simply are unable to provide the level of detail that we can. Our system is flexible, adding value with the ability to share data across all levels of the organization. Data can be as granular as a single shot on a specific tool or high-level - providing a global perspective of performance.
We build employee relationships based on trust. We want you to bring your sales style and methodology to the table. We trust that, at this level, you will do what you need to do to achieve success. And, if you need help, you will raise your hand. That said, below is a brief idea of what you can expect:
- Visiting customers, discussing products, observing operations, and providing guidance on customized solution to meet their needs.
- Helping customers solve problems and inefficiencies with Progressive product solutions.
- Educating customers on new products and methods in mold monitoring and maintenance.
- Identifying new customers, building relationships, and moving them through the sales funnel.
- Ensure execution of proven sales strategies, plans, and advertising/promotional programs.
- This is a remote role with a minimum of 20% travel.
- Initiate new sales opportunities for OEMs, Molders and Mold Builders to increase Progressive Components market customer base thru direct prospecting and/or following-up on leads received.
- Master the company Monitoring products and identify development of proposals to address sales needs. Initiates follow-up actions by documenting sales leads.
- Participate in trade shows and industry events to build client target list, identify key markets, and establish networks and contacts to promote the Monitoring platform.
- Contribute to the development of the Monitoring materials that are utilized by Sales and for customer trainings.
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years technical sales experience in injection molding field with knowledge and/or exposure to stamping, blow molding or plastics/metal processing.
- Ideal candidate will have experience with software and electronics product management in the plastics industry.
- Experience with strategic sales and account management
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong customer communication skills required
- MS Office skills are a must
If you are hired, this position we will require you to prove that you have received the COVID-19 vaccine or alternatively, your submission of a written request for a medical or religious exemption.