Product Development Engineer - Remote Employee Jobs - Wauconda, Illinois (IL)
|Share This Job With a Friend
Product Development Engineer - Remote Employee - Job Description
Do you have a solution-oriented mindset? We are looking for a go getter - someone that can look at gaps in our industry, listen attentively to customer challenges, and identify opportunities for innovation. Are you ready for your next career move in the molding industry? We encourage you to consider joining Progressive Components as a Product Development Engineer.
Product Development Engineer
- Utilize market research to get ideas for products that customers will want.
- Lead and participate in projects in new product development and implementation.
- Develop and maintain high quality project documentation including schedules, action item lists, meeting notes, and other project documents.
- Listen to and understand customer feedback and respond to product suggestions.
- Help define the marketing and product placement strategies.
- Remain abreast of the latest industry trends and technology.
- Support the sales team by providing product information and demos.
- Research and suggest new product development and refinements for existing products.
- Creates mechanical designs and 3D modeling of products using SolidWorks.
- Provides technical support to customers.
- Proficient with SolidWorks.
- A bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering, computer science, or related field is preferred.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in injection mold design, die casting, or plastic part design and tooling.
- 5+ years of experience in a project management role.
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- Ability to influence stakeholders and work closely with them to determine acceptable solutions.
- Strong mechanical design skills and knowledge of manufacturing processes.
- Excellent planning, organizational, problem-solving, time management, written, and communication skills.
- Competency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- A track record of successfully making and keeping commitments.
Our team is excited about our organization's continued investment in growth and commitment to hiring and retaining top talent. Check out the video below from the Progressive Components team members offering their insights on what it is like working for our organization.
Sebastian Jurczak, Product Development Engineer: https://youtu.be/XWWc8fAU9oc
We are strongly committed to protecting each other, our families, our customers, and our visitors, as we work together to help end the pandemic. Progressive continues to strongly encourage and support employees who are able to and choose to receive the vaccine. As such, regardless of vaccination status our employees are required to follow current procedures and guidelines regarding PPE, masks, and social distancing when entering any of our facilities or attending company events. We continue to follow all applicable CDC, IDPH, and OSHA guidelines and recommendations regarding maintaining a safe workplace.