Automation/Robotics Technician 1st & 2nd Shift Jobs - Wood Dale, Illinois (IL)
|Share This Job With a Friend
Automation/Robotics Technician 1st & 2nd Shift - Job Description
Wiegel Tool Works is a precision metal stamper that manufacturers have partnered for nearly 80 years. The Wiegel family's competitive nature drives our continual investment in machinery, technology, and people. WTW specializes in complete turnkey manufacturing packages including engineering, prototypes, tool construction, and wire/EDM
Wiegel Tool Works is seeking an Automation/Robotics Technician who will be responsible for delivering technical support by providing programming, installation, preventive maintenance, training, and troubleshooting on automation and Fanuc robotic equipment.
Essential Job Duties
- Troubleshoot mechanical and electrical equipment and make the necessary adjustments to bring equipment up to running status
- Make recommendations to repair/replace items
- Program Fanuc PLC systems
- Work independently under limited supervision
- Be responsible for incident follow-up, root cause analysis and documentation.
- Document control system and equipment configuration changes.
- Adhere to all health and safety rules and procedures
- Maintain International Standardization Organization (ISO) standards
- Other duties as assigned
- A High School or G.E.D diploma and or TMA (Tooling & Manufacturing Association) or Tool and Die training
- 5 + years of experience in a hands-on mechanical/electrical environment
- 1-year training in Fanuc Logic Controller
- Ability to program Fanuc controllers & PLC's
- Familiar with automation and vision systems
- Ability to troubleshoot, test, repair and service technical equipment
- The ability to read drawings, reference manuals and assembly systems instruction guides
- Ability to gain knowledge to readily determine parts of an assembly
- Ability to read, speak, write, & understand English in a professional manner