Punch Press Operator 1st & 2nd Shift - Job Description
Wiegel Tool Works is a precision metal stamper that manufacturers have partnered for nearly 80 years. The Wiegel family's competitive nature drives our continual investment in machinery, technology, and people. WTW specializes in complete turnkey packages including engineering, prototypes, tool construction, and wire/EDM.
1. Review work instructions.
2. Check and provide all process components including material, lubricants and packaging, etc.
3. Identify and locate proper material thickness and gauge.
4. Use cart, tray or forklift to bring necessary tools to machine.
5. Set and position tooling into machine.
6. Set up equipment for accurate material feeds.
7. Run first piece and verify accuracy.
8. Operate machine to run production as required.
9. Visually inspect production for burrs, scrapes, rust and other defects.
10. Check production against sample and/or print using various gages, micrometers, calipers, etc.
11. Adjust settings as needed.
12. Perform routine maintenance on all assigned equipment and machinery as required.
Educational and Skill Requirements:
- High school education supplemented by technical education or on-the-job skill development
- Experienced in the operation of punch presses - Minster, Bruderer, Komatsu
- 1-3 years of experience in high speed or large stamping format environment.
- Ability to speak, read and communicate in English.
- Ability to read and understand blue prints.
- Basic shop math understanding.
- Technical knowledge of assigned machines.
- Distinguish a variety of raw materials (stainless steel, cold rolled steel, etc.)
- Effective communication, teamwork and interpersonal skills.
Benefits – Paid vacation and holidays; tuition reimbursement, retirement savings options, direct deposit, group health, prescription and life insurance; supplemental insurance options are available.
We perform a functional capacity assessment and drug screening as part of our application process; we utilize the e-verify system upon hire.
TO APPLY: Go to WWW.WTWJOBS.COM and click on the job title.